posting sounds finally; a quiz.

Subject: posting sounds finally; a quiz.
From: Marty Michener <>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 18:23:26 -0500

HI all:

For six years I have been an active part of list servers about nature,
recording and birds, asking and answering, but I never could attach
anything or give pictures or sounds to anyone, except by a private
attachment.  That because I never had a web site.  Now my web site is three
weeks old and I am starting to post some nature sounds, finally.

The web site is of course primarily to describe the software product, but
you can ignore all that now and go directly to the new part on ecotourism
and recording trips and methods.   If you go to the part on Costa Rica:

  http://www.enjoybirds.com/index_files/page0025.htm

and click on the Lodge (not the link to their site) you will slowly DL a
largish MP3 stereo file (500k) of birds that sing there before the
breakfast crew is even awake.  The file is a composite, made by mix-pasting
several recordings all made on on one morning over the space of an
hour.  I'll bet a free copy of my software to the first person who can
identify (privately, that is, back to me) correctly four of the five
species audible.  The winner's name will be posted.  [Bird names posted
before a winner is announced would disqualify everybody, i.e. offer is off.]

Sound like fun? best,

Marty Michener
MIST Software Associates PO Box 269, Hollis, NH 03049

EnjoyBirds.com  - Software that migrates with you.    http://www.EnjoyBirds.com

"And some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces
with hammers, like sae many road makers run daft. They say it is to see how
the world was made."   --  Sir Walter Scott, St.Ronan's Well, 1824