Re: moles and atrac

Subject: Re: moles and atrac
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:11:24 +0100
>Klas Strandberg wrote:
>
>>I agree with your observation. If ATRAC has some disadvantage, it is that
>>the final sounds, the last of a fading echo, will get slightly broken and
>>crispy, especially if you boost it, of course.

Dan replied:

>This could be a converter artifact, and have nothing to do with ATRAC.

Hm? What do you mean? Converter? Do you mean DA?? If so, we can forget it. =
use MultiWav PRO24, in my opinion about the best sound cards ever made for =
PC.
And it can be heard (??) when replayed analog.

Just let me clearify - this "crispy" is hardly audible, and only when you
have the most perfect recording, replayed with the most perfect headphones.
Even so, it is so vague that it could even be imagination.

Klas.

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.
Phone & fax int + 295 310 01