Re: Portadisc / Microphones /Walt

Subject: Re: Portadisc / Microphones /Walt
From: "jonnykontroletti" <>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 04:51:12 -0000
Hello Walt!
Again, I would like to thank you for your valuable advice.
Unfortunately I did not win the Portadisc auction (I was $20 off).
However, I was able to find a "B-Stock" unit for $950.  "B-Stock"
apparently stands for not used but surface scratches on the unit,
which is worth a $400 saving to me.
It seems as if I will be ready to explore new recording territories
soon.  Until I learn more about mics and stereo- and nature recording
techniques, I will go with a pair of Sennheiser ME80 microphones
which I can use for free.  Would you say these are good enough to
produce acceptable results recording mostly ambient nature sounds?
Do you happen to have some of your recordings available via the
internet?
Best regards,
Jonny