Re: CD-burning problems

Subject: Re: CD-burning problems
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 18:06:26 -0400
Hannu J=E4nnes wrote:
>   Hi all,
>
> My first commercial CD (Bird Sounds of Goa & South India) is now ready, b=
ut there is one more problem to solve before I can take the material to a '=
CD-factory' for production. When trying to burn the master CD with 2 second=
 gaps between the tracks, I get an audible rustle (sometimes quiet, sometim=
es very loud) after each track. I'm using PC with Adaptec's Easy CD Creator=
 4 programme and Samsung's CD-burner. This problem doesn't exist when I bur=
n the CD using 'session at once' or 'disc at once' options in the CD Creato=
r -programme, but then I miss the gaps too!

Use only disk at once. I use macs, and use Adaptec's Jam, which is
settable in all kinds of ways for track transitions. Don't know much
about Easy CD Creator. If it does not have the ability to do it right,
you will have to come up with other software. If you can find someone
with a mac and Jam, they can give you exactly what you need. Jam is
designed to burn full red book compliant audio CD's, that's all it does.
You want that in a master.

The problem with using the others is that not all CD players will handle
multisession disks, although that's getting more so. Disk at once is
single session and does one long record run with a proper closure at the
end.

The sound you are getting is probably where burning stopped and then
started later, ie multisession. It's not possible to get a perfect match
to previous burning, so there is always a little sync problem with such
disks unless the CD drive's software can handle it.