Re: Re: Sony MZ R37SP minidisc

Subject: Re: Re: Sony MZ R37SP minidisc
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:32:49 -0400
R Watson wrote:
> I also have had very good results with the ECM-MS957.  But, discovered the
> hard way that it is liable to damage from moisture. Sony does not recommend
> the use of this microphone in humid weather although they did replace it
> when damaged by my using it in a light rain (although I tried to protect
> it).  Maybe Walt has other "bad weather" in mind.

Yes, mine is just thunderstorms, wet stuff you can't see through. Not
that piddly light rain stuff. I'll use the Telinga in light rain up
until the drops hitting the reflector are making too much noise. That's
when I use the Sony. I, however, don't allow the rain to pour through
it. Humidity has not harmed either of the two I have. And Georgia has
plenty of that too. One I've used for four years like that. The other I
bought used about 3 years ago. First I've heard of any humidity problem
with it.

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:22:52 2005
Message: 11