Playback Speakers

Subject: Playback Speakers
From: "deer2me22002" <>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:29 -0000

 Ken, i tried to reply to the following email from you.
John, I saw your message on the naturerecordists group page. I am
interested in the same topic, maybe even a lower price option, for
playback. I have some sony speakers A-37? 4 watt that are "just"
adequate for some forest birds. I use a sony minidisc for the sound
source. I am looking for something with a bit more volume for owls
etc.
Did you get any off group replies do you have any leads.
Thanks
 My email back to you would not go through, so i will post it here,
in the source you mentioned in your email to me.
 I found my speakers at Radio Shack in my hometown, here in Canada.
It's their own brand OPTIMUS, and they cost me $29.00 Canadian, which
would be under $20.00 American. They are 12W/Ch amplified with magnet
shielding.Power supply: DC (V/800MA adapter or 6C battery. They have
a power on/off button and also a volume control button. The product
number is 07A99. I find them great for what i use them for, and
hopefully will suit your endeavors.They also sell KOSS amplified
speakers, which you might find useful. If not i am certain that the
other members will help you out,they know a lot more about this,than
i do.

                                             Hope this will help,

                                                 John E Parks