Re: Cool Edit and WinXP.

Subject: Re: Cool Edit and WinXP.
From: "Veljo Runnel" <>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 10:52:59 +0200
Hi Stuart,

here is my interpretation of the problem:

usually when I record something with CE and the recorded file is
"empty", I have chosen the record input incorrectly. So I check the
Volume controls -> properties -> recording. If the correct input is
not chosen, CE records silence. You can save this file and play back,
but there is no audio signal in there.
Maybe with installing XP the default settings of sound card changed.

Saving the file is other thing, I suppose. I normally use "Save
as...", to be sure of destination and format of a file.

All the best,

Veljo

> I have had to move over to XP and I find that it grabs my sound files rec=
orded with Cool Edit and puts them somewhere?

> I transferred all my files from the crashed computer and they show and pl=
ay OK on Cool in XP.

> I then recorded a sound file from my minidisk. All the usual indicators w=
orked in Cool but on clicking on the stop recording button, no amplitude tr=
ace came up as it used to. I saved the file but it is not in the usual Cool=
 folder.

> I found it and moved it over to my usual Cool folder but it will not show=
 on the Cool screen. I then clicked on it in the folder, the button is medi=
a player, and the media player screen came up, no sound but the cursor on t=
he screen was moving. My old files play OK.

> It seems XP takes the file and places it in some other folder and the con=
nection to Cool is broken. The file atributes are that it is a .WAV file of=
 about 9Meg.