Re: Cool Edit and WinXP.

Subject: Re: Cool Edit and WinXP.
From: Marty Michener <>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 07:15:59 -0400
At 10:42 AM 10/1/02 +1000, you wrote:
>I have had to move over to XP and I find that it grabs my sound files
>recorded with Cool Edit and puts them somewhere?
>
>I transferred all my files from the crashed computer and they show and
>play OK on Cool in XP.
>
>I then recorded a sound file from my minidisk. All the usual indicators
>worked in Cool but on clicking on the stop recording button, no amplitude=

>trace came up as it used to. I saved the file but it is not in the usual
>Cool folder.

Did you have a "file -> new " chosen at this point?

>I found it and moved it over to my usual Cool folder but it will not show=

>on the Cool screen. I then clicked on it in the folder, the button is
>media player, and the media player screen came up, no sound but the cursor=

>on the screen was moving. My old files play OK.
>
>It seems XP takes the file and places it in some other folder and the
>connection to Cool is broken. The file atributes are that it is a .WAV
>file of about 9Meg.
>
>Any help or suggestions very much appreciated.
>
>Stuart Fairbairn

Dear Stuart:

I do not have XP yet, as it runs afoul of most of what I do everyday on
computers, but surely it has a FIND feature.  On previous Windows versions=

you right-click seemingly anywhere and one option is "find".

If you FIND (Ctrl-F, or is that gone as well?)
  *.WAV
the system should shortly list all wav files everywhere on the hard disk.
Cool Pro has a dropdown list of recent folders, too.  What does it say
about where it is?

You may have to re-install Cool Edit Pro from the original; a ghosted disk=

version would not properly use the advanced file system in XP.

cheers,

Marty Michener
MIST Software Associates
PO Box 269, Hollis, NH 03049

coming soon : EnjoyBirds - software that migrates with you.