Re: balance difference of binaural microphones

Subject: Re: balance difference of binaural microphones
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:09:38 -0400
evertveldhuis wrote:

> > First try reversing them left to right. And preferably try them in a
> > different recorder. If the difference persists, were it me I'd
> contact
> > them. I expect they will make it good.
> >
> > Walt
> >

> Walt,
>
> I am afraid that is impossible; I only got one recorder that I can
> connect them to, and the plug can't be splitted so swapping channels
> is also out of the question.
> I did however try the microphone in a test setup, unplugged the mics
> and replugged my other single-point stereo mic, the latter one was in
> good balance. Replugging the binaural ones gave me again an uneven
> balance... So at least it is not my recording-equipment, it must be
> the binaural mics. (They were tested with a mono sound signal)

You can exchange the location of the two mics without changing the plug,
try that.

It would be possible to exchange the lines without cutting the plug up
by using adapters that split into two rca plugs combined with another
that recombined them. But, unless you have that just contact the company
and exchange the mics.