Marantz PMD222 XLR Noise Problem

Subject: Marantz PMD222 XLR Noise Problem
From: Adam Liberman <>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 11:51:07 -0700
--- In   wrote:
 > I know that early runs of the 222, which had both xlr and mini mike inputs,
 > had substantially greater noise on the XLR than on the mini!  I was told
that
 > a circuit modification was later made which cured this ill.  We're talking
 > more than a decade ago...

I'm not aware of any update from Marantz on this problem, and in recent
conversation with them they said that no update or bulletin is available
for the PMD222.

We service many Marantz recorders, and all the PMD222's that we have seen
suffer from excessive noise on the XLR input. We offer an upgrade for those
who are interested that reduces the noise by 10db (down to the level of the
mini-jack input).

Thanks,
Adam Liberman
Liberman Sound