Nagra V

Subject: Nagra V
From: "Roger C Boughton" <>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 05:39:55 +0100
Dear All

I've now taken the V on a few trips, climbed a few cliffs recorded a good few
discs, got it soaking wet, tried not to get too much sand blown in its face and
its worked perfectly.

The sound quality produced is the best I have heard, and I've listened and used
most of the best machines in the last 30 years, so I'm very happy with it.

The Orb drive I see as a transitory device.  Its a " lump " on top of the basic
machine that will be changed when a better storage device comes along, while
the front end and processing stays as it is. As for now the Orb stores 2 hours
at 48khz/24 bits and 1 hour if I use the 96khz option, and its doing it in a
workmanlike fashion.

Regards

Roger C Boughton