Re: More on MKHs

Subject: Re: More on MKHs
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 12:11:39 -0400
To detract just a tad bit from the image of perfection being painted of the MKH
series mics:

I had one (MKH40) develop a clicking sound last fall after standing near the
overhead electrical system of an electrified commuter railway in southeast PA.

And I have anecdotal reports from California users (not myself) of intermittent
audio problems associated with the red pad and rolloff slider switches.Slide
them gently!

Apart from that, I add my voice to the chorus of praise for MKHs.  The RF
modulation scheme they use does seem to make them much stabler in humid
locations than other mikes.  I wonder if they hold patents on that design
scheme which makes it hard for other manufacturers to imitate.