Frogcall recordings request

Subject: Frogcall recordings request
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:55:23 -0400
I've managed to record all of Georgia's frogs but three. The Georgia DNR
folks are trying to put together a Georgia frog CD in time for a
fundraiser next February. If anyone has recordings of Carpenter frogs,
greenhouse frogs or brimley's chorus frogs to help out, please contact
me. I don't think there's any money available to pay, but anything they
make off it will go back into the non-game program of Georgia and thus
help the frogs. They also plan on extending the availability of a
frogcall CD into the future, so this is not a one shot production.
Eventually producing a herp guide for Georgia that will include a call
CD is in the works.

I'm pretty sure I can get the greenhouse frogs, the brimley's won't be
calling until too late next year and we are still working on a location
that's accessible for carpenter frogs where they are calling this year.
I can get a permit for night access to paddle into the Okefenoke to
record. But it would be going in at night to a area I'm unfamiliar with
in a kayak I've not tried carrying recording equipment. Something that
might be ok by next year with more planning. But definitely a risk this
year.

This all got shoved on the front burner this week with reports coming in
on how well a similar CD for New Jersey was doing in sales. John Jensen
of Georgia Non-game and I have been plugging along on organizing one for
a while with tentative plans to try and have all the recordings we
needed by next year and suddenly found ourselves having to deal with
deadlines and so on. So we are looking to fill the gaps.

I know I'm also thin on gopher frogs, having only one mixed recording.