Sony TCD-D10 Pro II power supply

Subject: Sony TCD-D10 Pro II power supply
From: "Gordon Hempton" <>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 05:44:49 -0700
I use the Sony TCD-D10 Pro II and have tried all kinds of powering
combinations, including the ecocharge. The system that I like the best a
home-made 12VDC power pack out of D size batteries. It requires using the
DCP-80 accessory that regulates the power (this battery size slip in goes in
the battery compartment and connects to the battery pack with a standard
cable).  It works so well that I can record all day (and some)before
changing batteries. The big advantage of this system is that D-cells are
available all over the world and you don't need to stay any place civilized
to charge-up. Also because you don't fly with them, you won't be charged
excess baggage weight. High airport security has also given me the evil eye
with batteries, because it shows up as solid blocks all wired together on
the x-ray machine. I'm tired of explaining to them that the ecocharge
battery is safe. (Depending on the person, it can take more than an hour to
talk to the right person who will let me pass with the ecocharge battery.)
So I whole heartedly recommend using 12 D cells (8 works good but 12 work
better and they fit nicely into a Beta video cassette case which is also a
good size match for the D10 making the whole system stack nicely).

BTW: anyone interested in NP-22H batteries and chargers I am giving mine
away (five of them) for the price of shipping, in 'as is' condition (three
worked years ago, and two are unused). Three chargers, too (2 BC-D10 and 1
BCA-80). Take only what you need. Just email me directly at
     First come, first serve.