RE: Batteries: to flatten or not to flatten

Subject: RE: Batteries: to flatten or not to flatten
From: "Barb Beck" <>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:01:04 -0600
Better yet - have TWO batteries in your car.  Really great.  There is an
isolator between them so the second one stays charged but is not run down
when the promary battery goes.  Leave the lights on - no problem.

Crank one down at -45 or run one down with the winch and you have a spare.

Really a lot of fun for an old lady to run down the battery leaving the
lights on, come out and exclaim - I left the stupid lights on.  Refuse
offers to help - then take out ONE jumper cable with the guys leaning
against their truck laughing and proceed to jumper the car.  Left the poor
guys scratching their heads. (both batteries grounded to car)  Finally
talked my hubby into putting in a "granny" buton inside the car.  Now when
run one down - punch the button and start the car 8=3D)

Sure I have to pay for a second battery but what is a second battery worth
when you are stranded with a dead primary battery in the bush.

Barb