Sound input into Canary/Mac

Subject: Sound input into Canary/Mac
From: Callan Cohen <>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 17:59:55 +0200
Hi - perhaps someone can help me. I am having some problems updating my use
of Canary to a new-style Mac environment. I used to use a Macrecorder input
box to downlaod recordings from audio-casette. But since switching to an
iMac/iBook I am unclear how best to input the sound files. I have read
Appendix F of the Canary manual, but am not getting any joy (and am a bit
nervous given warnings about potential damage to the computer from using
incorrect microphones, etc.)

given the ease of inputting digital video with firewire, is there any
direct input option I should be using either via USB or firewire?

many thanks for your assistance

Peter

[PS - I am using Canary 1.2.4 on an iMac with OS 9.04 or an iBook with 9.1]

Peter Ryan                        Percy FitzPatrick Institute
              of African Ornithology,
Tel: +27 21 650 2966              University of Cape Town,
Fax: +27 21 650 3295              Rondebosch 7701,
www.uct.ac.za/depts/fitzpatrick   South Africa.

For birding & travel information, guiding & pelagic trips, visit:
BIRDING AFRICA www.birding-africa.com
CAPE TOWN PELAGICS www.capetownpelagics.com
Email: