Bass test

Subject: Bass test
From: "richpeet" <>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 22:22:33 -0000
I recently learned that my higher end Sony Headphones fell flat.
I guess it is time to replace but I thought I would post this file
for those other than "high end" people that I still identify with.

The referenced file goes as low as any system will go that I know
of.  For those that wonder about MD quality, this was recorded with a
consumer grade Sony MZ R90 and an open ME 62.  Feel free to compare
to the others available on commercial CD's for response of our cheap
MD's, but more important check your headphones and speakers for the
low end response.  I was amazed by the difference between my
different systems. A 44.1k sample available upon request as it was
downsampled because bass was the topic.

a just under 1 meg download at:
http://home.attbi.com/~richpeet/0298.wav

Rich Peet