mini-me

Subject: mini-me
From: Tom Thorley <>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 12:57:52 +0100 (BST)
The mini-me is a great unit. It does everything one
might want and has superb fidelity. It really excited
me when it came out.
The downsides: no internal battery but the low power
consumption makes it suitable for running of a variety
of battery packs (not very elegant though!). I would
take advantage of the USB interface by recording
straight to my laptop but inevitably there are
limitations on how practical this is in the field, the
other interesting way of using it would be with HHB's
mini disk recorder as the pre-amps on this unit are
not great. I also would have prefered a firewire
interface. Would 4 channels be to much to ask for for
B format surround recordings? Also this unit costs to
much in comparison with the rest of apogee's product
line.
Other than these qualms I think the mini-me is a huge
huge step in the right direction.