Re: HHB portadisc software updates

Subject: Re: HHB portadisc software updates
From: Rudy Trubitt <>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:30:57 -0700
Hi Folks,

Thanks for the replies to my timed recorder question.

Regarding the question of the HHB software 1.2 vs. 1.5, here's what I
got from HHB about a month ago. The text is a postscript I wrote to
tag onto a reprinting of the review I did of the Portadisc for
Electronic Musician magazine that will be running in the Nature
Sounds Society newsletter. (how's that for a run-on sentence!)

Post-Script. After I wrote my review, users continued to voice their
comments on the Portadisc, especially on the Yahoo NatureRecordists
list. Although upgrading to version 1.2 software completely solved my
review unit's "lock-up" problem, other users were not so fortunate.
As of March 2002, version 1.50 software is the latest. HHB assures me
this rev. eliminates the problem, although I don't have a machine on
hand to test myself. Other changes to the Portadisc include increased
mic input gain, which will help nature recordists get more signal on
disc, and circuitry changes that quiet some of the machine's
internally generated noise. If you have, or are considering buying a
Portadisc, contact HHB to make sure your unit has all the latest mods.

      *    ...  http://www.trubitt.com   *