Re: Your Yahoo "merketing preferences" settings

Subject: Re: Your Yahoo "merketing preferences" settings
From: Rudy Trubitt <>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 09:35:07 -0800
Hi Folks,

A thoughtful list administrator on another Yahoo groups I subscribe
to sent out this note regarding YOUR Yahoo "marketing preferences." I
checked, and the instructions are accurate. Perhaps this explains why
I seemed to be getting so much spam recently. I just rest my
preferences, we'll see if that helps.

Rudy

Yahoo has made the decision to reset everyone's marketing preferences
to receive
marketing Spam e-mail, snail mail and even phone calls based upon your
preferences.  Since you are recipient of this list and this message, the email
account you use to read this message is affected.

In order to re-establish your desire not to be inundated by SPAM from
YAHOO, you
will want to make the following changes:

2) In the upper right corner you will see a link named "Account Info"
3) Click on this link.... you may need to provide your log-in password
4) This will take you to your YAHOO ID CARD
5) There is a link called "Edit Your Marketing Preferences"  Click on
this link.
6) This will take you to your marketing preference page where you will notice
that you are now set up as "YES" on every option
7) Go down through the list and mark "NO" on each subject that you would not
want to receive offers
8) Make sure you go down to the bottom where you are also set up to receive
offers by MAIL and PHONE!  ... Mark this "NO"
9) At the bottom of the page there is a box called "Save Preferences".  NOTE:
Make sure you click on this box to save the changes you've made!

      *    ...  http://www.trubitt.com   *