RE: Fwd: FW: Tech question about HHB with Win dows XP

Subject: RE: Fwd: FW: Tech question about HHB with Win dows XP
From: Paul Isaacs <>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 18:58:37 -0000
Dear Everyone,

Here is HHB's response just in case you didnt get it in Stan Tekiela's
e-mail . . . .

 >Dear Stan Tekiela

>I do apologise for not getting back to you sooner, but I did not have
access to a Laptop running Widows XP.

>I now have a Packard Bell laptop running XP, and just like the normal Win98
/ Win ME situation it automatically installs the first >time the Portadisc
is connected via USB, the only difference I can see is that in the Audio
Properties it shows the audio >source/destination as PORTADISC not USB
Audio. I have now tested this setup for some time and it is working 100%.
>This sadly does not help your situation with your new HP laptop. Portadisc
does not use any special drivers it is purely seen by >Windows as an
external USB Audio source, and as long as the windows system is complete
there should not be a problem.
>The only suggestion I can make is that you check this situation with HP, we
do not have any drivers and the Portadisc does not >use nay special or non -
windows drivers.

>I do hope you find a solution to your problem soon.

>Best regards

>Henry Edwards
>New Product Development Manager
>HHB Communications Ltd.

So Portadisc is compatible with XP. If you have problems re-install your os.

regards

Paul Isaacs

Technical Development Manager, HHB
Tel:   0208 962 5035