Two notes

Subject: Two notes
From: Jim Morgan <>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 07:49:23 -0700
I would like to get information on birds that can sing two notes at the
same time. Seems there was some discussion of the capability to produce
more than two notes.

Presently my only reference is the "The Birders Handbook", Ehrlich et al.

On Pg. 373 & 374 they discuss the syrinx and how the two sides of it are
independently controlled thereby allowing some species to have two separate
voices. Nothing said about three or more.

I would like to learn more about this interesting phenomena. I will stay
tuned for all the information that I hope will start pouring in.

Jim Morgan
Prescott, AZ USA