mammals-aus

Re: thank u

Subject: Re: thank u
From: "estherwch" <>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 12:51:04 -0000
Hi Carmen,
On the balcony, make sure that the bird has shadow and doesn't get too
hot in the sun.
Is there a veterinarian around, an animal rescue centre or a pet shop
to ask for advice? If not, it gets difficult.. I'd think you might at
first feed to a young bird something that contains protein (well, meal
worms or other fatty insects would be the choice). So the bird will at
least not starve. Human food such as pasta should be cooked in plane
water without salt, if you are urged to use this as emergency
solution, since animals don't bear as much salt as we do. Adult
blackbirds (if it is one) eat quite a lot of things, being omnivorous,
so apple and other fruits, vegetables, seeds etc would be a good
choice apart from insects, snails.. It might be needed to ask for more
specific information on other lists or search the internet for
wildlife care, wildlife rescue.
Good luck, Esther

> the problem is i'm from romania, so i really don't know what to do
>
> i put the bird in a cage, on the balcony( i live in a city)
>
> i saw two birds. they tried to give food to the little one. so i
left the room, i hope they managed to feed it.