canberrabirds

Searching CBN

To: 'Philip Veerman' <>, 'shorty' <>, 'ben milbourne' <>
Subject: Searching CBN
From: "Geoffrey Dabb via Canberrabirds " <>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2026 07:42:06 +0000

I should leave it there, but I will explain the problem in case someone is going to spend time looking into it.  I go to the COG site – Publications – CBN.   In the search box, I type ‘veerman honeyeater’.  Among various interesting items is one  in CBN 1 May 2022.  I click on this and receive the below response.

 

From: Philip Veerman <>
Sent: Sunday, 8 March 2026 6:01 PM
To: 'Geoffrey Dabb' <>; 'shorty' <>; 'ben milbourne' <>
Cc: 'Canberra birds' <>
Subject: RE: [Canberrabirds] GangGang Mar26 issue

 

The question was about Gang-gang, not CBN. I just tried. The CBN, is available but not the March Gang-gang (earlier ones are). It would appear to be a settings error, unless there is another problem .

 

About the missing word “be”, I would like to think that is just an original wording error or typo, rather than a tradition. I have never noticed this.

 

Philip

 

From: Canberrabirds On Behalf Of Geoffrey Dabb via Canberrabirds
Sent: Sunday, 8 March, 2026 4:36 PM
To: 'shorty' <>; 'ben milbourne' <m("hotmail.com","milbourneben");">>
Cc: 'Canberra birds' <>
Subject: Re: [Canberrabirds] GangGang Mar26 issue

 

It seems to be a navigation issue.  That has been happening recently when I try to bring up a CBN piece from a search on the website, but you can access the relevant CBN issue without difficulty.  It is COG tradition to omit the ‘be’ in this context.

 

 

 

 

From: Canberrabirds <> On Behalf Of shorty via Canberrabirds
Sent: Sunday, 8 March 2026 3:29 PM
To: ben milbourne <>
Cc: Canberra birds <>
Subject: Re: [Canberrabirds] GangGang Mar26 issue

 

That is odd as it was available the other day when I looked at it?

 

Also odd that the word be is missing between the words to and viewed? Hacked perhaps?

 

Shorty

 

On Sun, Mar 8, 2026 at 3:13 PM ben milbourne via Canberrabirds <> wrote:

Good afternoon,

 

Curious whether there is a reason for why the current March issue of Gang Gang is restricted as a "protected file and only available to viewed by Committee Members".

 

Cheers, Ben


This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information. If you believe you have received this email or any of its contents in error, please notify me immediately by return email and destroy this email. Do not use, disseminate, forward, print or copy any contents of an email received in error.


Attachment: ATT00001.txt
Description: ATT00001.txt

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>
  • Searching CBN, Geoffrey Dabb via Canberrabirds [canberrabirds-bounces@lists.canberrabirds.org.au] <=
    • Searching CBN, broadcanvas--- via Canberrabirds [canberrabirds-bounces@lists.canberrabirds.org.au]
Admin

The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely a compilation of material sent by many people to the Canberra Ornithologists Group mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way. If you wish to get material removed from the archive or have other queries about the list contact David McDonald, list manager, phone (02) 6231 8904 or email . If you can not contact David McDonald e-mail Andrew Taylor at this address: andrewt@cse.unsw.EDU.AU