canberrabirds

Birding sites near Cowra

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: Birding sites near Cowra
From: regeraghty--- via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 10:32:34 +0000

I was looking for places where I might see new birds for my life list between here and Cowra. I found a site called Spring forest – just to the west of the highway, but seems to be on private property. Does anyone know if there’s an acceptable way to access the area without upsetting land owners? Hellyers Road goes toward it, but then turns south.

The species identified in ebird are Striped Honeyeater, Black-chinned Honeyeater, White-throated needletail (I think they would have migrated north?), Black honeyeater, Chesnut-rumped Heathwren and Gilbert’s Whistler.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for places to look for birds between Canberra and Cowra? Two other places which seemed worth a visit were Wyangala dam and Conimbla National park.