canberrabirds

Blackbird breeding

To: Philip Veerman <>
Subject: Blackbird breeding
From: Isobel Crawford via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 01:50:50 +0000
But Blackbird eggs blue-green …
Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Mar 2024, at 11:30 am, Philip Veerman <> wrote:

This is an extract of the relevant bit from The GBS Report; Although strangely a sentence about locations of nests, that appeared in the books, has dropped off my computer text…..

Common Blackbird Turdus merula

Breeding records consist of activities at nest from mid August to late January and dependent young from mid September to late February.

So that supports my suggestion that, likely this nest was finished with, months ago. And so, “I saw a raven hanging around this area” is likely to be irrelevant.

Philip