canberrabirds

More visitors

To: "" <>
Subject: More visitors
From: ben milbourne via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 06:37:55 +0000
Good afternoon everyone,

After wonderful visits to the ACT by species such as the pectoral sandpiper and plumed whistling duck at Jerrabomberra Wetlands (back paddocks), we've been fortunate to encounter the likes of...

Black eared cuckoo (and 4 other cuckoo species) around the shepherd's lookout carpark

Brown and rufous songlarks at Parkwood on the border PLUS the red backed kingfisher

White necked heron and a yellow billed spoon bill, plus a whiskered and Caspian tern at Jerrabomberra

AND today the return of scarlet honeyeaters at the botanical gardens.

And that's not to mention red capped robin, wonga pigeon, various woodswallow, diamond firetail, grey goshawk etc etc...

The orthonological diversity is abuzz

A big shout out to those who made a way to safely and legally access the Parkwood fenceline.  And to all those who are respecting the requirements of the ANBG to observe and take photos from the pathways (not the garden beds)

Am also personally thrilled to hear the joy and excitement of those whom I'm encountering while out and about.

We are very lucky to live here in the ACT region.  We may not get huge numbers of every bird species.  But we certainly are privileged to be located in a place which gets a wide variety of visitors.

Cheers, Ben

PS What are the chances we could get a brolga or two or maybe even a jabiru?  Never know if you don't ask :)