canberrabirds

Time for respect

To: kym bradley <>, canberrabirds <>
Subject: Time for respect
From: Mark Clayton via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 10:34:03 +0000

Well said Kym. The Rainbow Bee-eaters nesting last year at Casuarina Sands had people virtually standing on their nest. I know of at least two people who asked photographers to move but were told to mind their own business. One person who was told to move away from the nest said he didn’t care about the nest, he just wanted to get a good photograph of the adults!! I know of several excellent photographers who do not give the locations of any nest they find.

It is time a lot of the “Johnny come lately” photographers learned something about their target species BEFORE going off to try for that perfect photo.

Mark

Sent from Mail for Windows