canberrabirds

Fwd: Bird ID - Mulligan's Flat

To: 'CanberraBirds email list' <>, "" <>
Subject: Fwd: Bird ID - Mulligan's Flat
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 04:25:48 +0000
Not quite clear, because so much is missing, especially the tail. I would be
pretty confident it is a juvenile Brush or Fantailed Cuckoo (which are
difficult to distinguish). More likely the former, due to the big
blotchiness of the front pattern. I think the legs are too short and perched
too low to be a juvenile Robin (although the pattern funnily enough, almost
matches as well as for a juvenile Brush Cuckoo).