canberrabirds

Question on Tawny Frogmouths

To: 'Neal Hardy' <>, 'Stuart Rae' <>
Subject: Question on Tawny Frogmouths
From: "" <>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 22:21:25 +0000

Neil and Stuart

Interesting stuff. We had a family here in Watson in the yard yesterday. 2 adults and a young bird. The young one was also fairly restless. One of them was making very soft churring sort of calls often throughout the day and on one occasion heard a call like a soft motorbike running (4 call on Morcombe ap). We heard an adult calling early this morning again, but they are not in the yard today.

Lovely.

Cheers

Kathy and John