canberrabirds

Koels in Holt

To: "" <>, 'John Layton' <>, "" <>
Subject: Koels in Holt
From: "" <>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 06:04:03 +0000

Hi Jack and John

We, in Emu Ridge Belconnen, have been – and still are – hearing many Koel calls this season, but unlike last year, haven’t seen any young (or their feeder ‘parents’) nearby.

As a matter of possible interest, we spent new year (30/12 to 2/1) in Junee with friends and distinctly heard a Koel calling on 1/1.  There was no-one to ask, our friends not being bird people, so I’m wondering if Koels are “regular visitors” in that region?

Kevin Bray