canberrabirds

List records hacked?

To: "" <>
Subject: List records hacked?
From: David Nicholls <>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 23:14:28 +0000
I have just received three emails relating to a 2021 post I sent to the list, one purporting to come from the list (but with a .in sender email address) another from possible a member (but with bogus sender emails), including links to three unrelated websites (.in and .br). Clearly either phishing or poisonous links. The accompanying nonsense text suggested the emails were sent by someone with a limited grasp of English.

eg "Hi there. Here you can find the agreements for your department: "

Delete if you get any similar messages.

DN

David Nicholls