canberrabirds

Murder!

To: 'COG bird list' <>
Subject: Murder!
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 09:49:34 +0000

·         In the English language, groups of animals often have interesting names. But a murder

·         The reasoning behind the name has to do with crow's scavenger-like nature.

·         However, ornithologists are arguing that we should change the name.

Kevin Dickinson

Copy a link to the article entitled http://Why%20is%20it%20called%20a%20murder%20of%20crows?

Share Why is it called a murder of crows? on Facebook

Share Why is it called a murder of crows? on Twitter

Share Why is it called a murder of crows? on LinkedIn

In a classic episode of The Simpsons, Homer destroys Marge’s garden scarecrow and inadvertently becomes leader to the local crows. Marge is hesitant to share her bed with a “gang of crows,” and Homer gently rebukes her, “It’s a murder. A group of crows is called a murder.”

An Unkindness of Ravens was a first novel by Lucas Scott. The book was a major success and garnered Lucas widespread recognition as an accomplished author. The first person Lucas presented a copy of his book to was classmate Glenda Farrell, followed shortly thereafter by Peyton Sawyer and the rest of his friends.