canberrabirds

Not so much a palaeochannel as ...

To: 'Canberrabirds' <>
Subject: Not so much a palaeochannel as ...
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 04:01:23 +0000

There is nothing like having a look for yourself.  Yesterday I did some walking on the margins of the floodplain. The photo at left below shows the red channel as it emerges from under Dairy Road and pursues a course north-west to the Shoveler Pool complex, with which it has probably merged.  There is water everywhere. Below is a view of the present extent of Shoveler Pool which has a few birds making use of it, although no actual shovelers that I could see. A deceased Barn Owl was lying by the multi-user pathway alongside Dairy Road.