canberrabirds

Off topic - Artemis Station, Qld

To: COG Chat <>
Subject: Off topic - Artemis Station, Qld
From: Julie Clark via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 06:57:50 +0000
Hi All,

I know many of our local bird lovers have visited Artemis Station over the years and I was hoping someone could give me some information/advice regarding the accommodation on the Station. I understand there are cabins/rooms that share facilities and some rooms with own bathrooms. Can anyone give me any more detail or let me know if they'd recommend staying there? We aren't interested in camping.

I understand that Musgrave Roadhouse is not too far away...... is that a better option or is it better to actually stay on the property?

Any information/advice regarding a visit to that area would really be appreciated.

Local Update ....

Much closer to home I've been really happy to see the Hardheads breeding in Gungahlin again this summer. The most interesting event for me was seeing a clutch of ten tiny ducklings on the front dam at Mulligan's instead of the Big Dam. The Valley Ave Ponds have produced another three broods and I recorded one juvenile at Casey Pond a few days ago. Hardhead pics on Flickr for anyone interested ... m("N08/albums/72157717655837556/with/51871944735/","//www.flickr.com/photos/140414659");">https:

Cheers
Julie

--
Julie Clark