canberrabirds

Cockatiels

To: Philip Veerman <>
Subject: Cockatiels
From: Martin Butterfield via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 23:15:52 +0000
Fair call Philip: that is easier than both my offerings.  I can't imagine Defence turning on fruitcake!

On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 at 09:35, Philip Veerman <> wrote:

This is a bit self indulgent. The one White-fronted Honeyeater that stayed in my garden for 9 weeks in 2002 would have to rank as one of the easiest twitches ever. Something like 60 people came from all over, to see it. Some from Sydney, one from Brisbane (combining it with a work trip to Canberra, he took a taxi from the airport I believe). All but one who came, saw the bird, mostly within about 5 minutes of arrival. Because I had worked out what were its favourite feeding spots and it tended to do a circuit. And I provided fruit cake for the visitors.

And within the last year, the Swift Parrots at Jenke Circuit would also come pretty close.

Philip