canberrabirds

FW: Presentations for annual COG Members' Night

To: "" <>
Subject: FW: Presentations for annual COG Members' Night
From: jandaholland--- via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 00:18:29 +0000

As so far I have only had offers from some of the most experienced presenters, I am proposing to take up Lia Battisson’s excellent suggestion to start the evening with a “Show and Tell”.

This will allow a number of members to give less formal presentations for only several minutes each (with no PowerPoint slides, or just a couple) on a topic of their choice, for example the most interesting bird related gifts that they have been given over the years, their best bird sighting or day’s birding they have ever had, etc.

One of the reasons I am taking up this suggestion is that it can be very hard to see the projector screen early in the evening, especially if the sun is still shining on to it.

So I would welcome offers to give a less formal presentation which should take less preparation, particularly from newer or younger members, or those who have not presented before.

Again many thanks for your kind consideration.

Jack Holland