canberrabirds

Collared Sparrowhawk & prey

To: 'John Layton' <>, 'Canberra birds' <>
Subject: Collared Sparrowhawk & prey
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 06:31:38 +0000

The Accipiter genus appear to be known for this somewhat brutal method of killing prey. If you wish to search this, there is plenty of film of this on internet. Known for a long time, from at least when falconry was popular. In contrast to the falcons, such as the Peregrine that kill quickly and was nicknamed as “gentle”.

Philip