canberrabirds

Pecking order

To: "" <>
Subject: Pecking order
From: mariko buszynski via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 06:26:28 +0000
I do not have a permanent bird feeder because cockies or rock doves will eat it all up.  Instead I feed them on demand.  I give sunflower seeds to seed eaters. When I feed an Australian King Parrot I have to stand by him with a walking stick to chase away pigeons.  Gang-gang can keep away pigeons.  Today to my surprise two Rainbow Lorikeets came and chased  a Gang-gang.  I did not know they eat seeds?  The top bird is, of course, a Sulphurcrested Cockatoo. They are all attracted by abundant privet fruits. They are looking for some dessert I think.

Mariko