canberrabirds

FW: information request - lyrebirds and pilotbirds

To: Canberrabirds <>
Subject: FW: information request - lyrebirds and pilotbirds
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 00:00:40 +0000

Please see my message below from last December.  Looking at eBird, I see a number of recent records of Pilotbirds in the Brindabella.  My question now is whether any of those records relate to burnt areas.  Has anyone been looking for birds in such areas, in particular Pilotbirds and Lyrebirds?

I think it would be relevant to Stephen’s work, if anyone is looking in burnt areas, that those 2 species are absent in places where they were previously found.

Thanks, Geoffrey