canberrabirds

Bird at ANBG

To: 'Karin Neufeld' <>, 'Canberra birds' <>
Subject: Bird at ANBG
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 00:57:42 +0000

I don’t know what is but yes I agree with your id. There are only 2 local birds that look like this. Juvenile Brush Cuckoo and Juvenile Fantailed Cuckoo. The main id difference is, the former is very obviously marked on back and wings, the latter is rather plain. So this is a Juvenile Brush Cuckoo. This is the time of year for them to be passing through.

Philip