canberrabirds

Higgins Koel

To: Alison <>
Subject: Higgins Koel
From: Ken Black via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 01:47:32 +0000
 A juvenile Koel being fed by Red Wattlebird this morning Brophy Street Fraser.

Sent from my iPhone

On 20 Feb 2021, at 1:34 pm, Alison <> wrote:

Hi Jack,

Another one: O’Sullivan Street Higgins. Being fed by Red Wattlebirds. I didn’t get a clear view of the Koel but thought I heard it calling a few days ago. Not sure if they are the same family, but the wattlebirds successfully reared a couple of chicks a few months back

Unfortunately, it seems the invasion is on in full force this year.

I’ll try to get  a photo. Hopefully they will visit the birdbath in the backyard.

Alison