canberrabirds

Woodland Survey - Callum Brae

To: Cog line <>
Subject: Woodland Survey - Callum Brae
From: sandra henderson <>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 01:52:51 +0000
The survey was carried out on Saturday 20 June, in very pleasant conditions, with Liam M accompanying me. The most obvious species of the morning was Australian Wood Duck, with the birds exploring hollows and chattering all over the reserve. My fourth site, near the pylons along the side fence, was the most productive area, with 16 species, while the final two sites were very quiet. Good-sized flocks of Little Corellas and Sulphur-crested Cockatoos were seen, but we did not encounter a mixed feeding flock until right at the end of the survey - but it was worth the wait, with Flame Robins, Speckled Warblers, Southern Whiteface, Varied Sittellas, a Golden Whistler and Brown-headed Honeyeaters among the flock. A total of 41 species was seen.
Sandra Henderson