canberrabirds

Eagle over eastern Higgins

To: 'COG List' <>
Subject: Eagle over eastern Higgins
From: Alison <>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 07:45:31 +0000

Around 1:30 this afternoon I heard a commotion in the sky and grabbed my binoculars, which revealed an eagle being chased by at least one magpie. Unfortunately I didn’t keep my binoculars on it long enough to determine Little Eagle or Wedge-tailed opting instead to race for my camera, forgetting that I didn’t have my long lens on the camera at the time. The photos are not definitive.

The eagle was approaching from the Molonglo Valley/Drake-Brockman Drive and heading north-east toward Latham. If the Molonglo Wedge-tailed Eagles pair did indeed breed this year as was reported to me, then perhaps this was the fledgling moving on? However, some, of the photos suggest a pair of eagles

Alison