canberrabirds

Justice Hope Park

To: 'Julie Clark' <>, 'Terry Munro' <>, 'Christine' <>
Subject: Justice Hope Park
From: Sean Fitzgerald <>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 02:20:51 +0000

Hi Julie,

I've also come across a Magpie lark pair nesting in a willow tree out near Tidbinbilla nature reserve. It seemed to me that there were 3 Magpie lark's involved in feeding/looking after the nest.

Interestingly over the last few weeks there's been an Australian Kestrel using the same tree to forage for crickets from. We've been taking photographs of birds in this tree on a regular basis and then suddenly the Kestrel disappeared.

Mostly the other birds, Magpie lark's, Willie Wagtail's, Magpies, Eastern Rosella's and occasionally Noisy Miners were mostly leaving the Kestrel alone, is that because they didn't see it as a threat?

Do you think that the Kestrel was moved on by the Magpie lark's because their eggs hatched and its threat, to the hatchlings, status changed?

Cheers, Sean

Sean Fitzgerald

E: m("bigpond.com","sean.fitz");">

P: (02) 6223-2082