canberrabirds

Unidentified Raptor

To: 'Daniel Montes' <>, "" <>
Subject: Unidentified Raptor
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 06:43:01 +0000

Hi Daniel,

That is an interesting one and good to get a photo. And none too common. I believe it is a grey morph Grey Goshawk. Doesn’t really fit anything else. Its shape rules out anything else that would be so pale.  Interesting because of the white ones around. Unless it is a white morph Grey Goshawk that by some aspect of lighting, looks a little darker on the wing tips. As you were there, was it pure white or partly grey, like it appears to be?

Philip