canberrabirds

Managing large photos

To: "David McDonald (personal)" <>
Subject: Managing large photos
From: Duncan McCaskill <>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 09:19:55 +0000
I support the current low size limit for emails. I might be a cranky old fogey, but I think that photographers who want to share images should just make the effort to learn how to use their photo editing software. The image below is 511 x 1024 pixels. It is plenty big enough for on-line use, and its only 81k bytes. Just reduce in size and turn up JPEG compression really high. A less cropped, un-reduced, uncompressed version of this image is a whacking great  5.2 MB, about 63 times bigger, but conveys no more useful information. I don't want my email slowed down dramatically by people sending enormous and bloated out of the camera images.

P4080162.jpg