canberrabirds

Scarlet Honeyeater

To: 'canberrabirds' <>
Subject: Scarlet Honeyeater
From: Tony and Tash Manderson <>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 08:17:13 +0000
Hi all,

Surprised on our early morning walk at Stoney Creek by the appearance of a scarlet honeyeater. We observed it along the river track, about 1.5 km after going through the gate. It was feeding in one of the large Casuarinas on the river side of the path, but was chased between a few of the trees by Whistlers and other honeyeaters. On our way back we were unable to locate it in the same trees. There were also a large number of Spinebills feeding in this area. https://ebird.org/checklist/S67110901

In contrast to yesterday, only very small groups of Yellow-faced honeyeaters were flying through while we were there. Perhaps they were only just getting started for the day.

Liam and Tony