canberrabirds

Help with ID

To: 'Daniel Montes' <>, "" <>
Subject: Help with ID
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 06:34:35 +0000

Yes, given a photo of a duck or a swan, I do know where its head is likely to be, so I had found that much. But there isn’t anything showing usefully to identify from the head. I went with some kind of duck because that is the start point and I was not there. However I fully agree with Mark’s suggestion that it fits Black Swans better than ducks. The resting shape fits. There is a hint of the ruffled back feathers and the white bits could easily be wing tips.

Philip