canberrabirds

End of the Koel Saga

To: 'Canberra Birds' <>
Subject: End of the Koel Saga
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 10:59:38 +0000

It would indeed be interesting to know if adult Koels have a role in guiding or accompanying young birds on their first migration, their own young or even unrelated ones. Given that they have no role in raising them (but it seems they stay in the vicinity), it is a tantalising and curious concept.

Philip